How It Works
• Quadloc™ clamps are intended for continuous air pressure, but if air pressure is lost, it will stay clamped/locked with the same holding forces. The Quadloc™ clamp was designed for this power down (loss of air) situation.
• The only way the unit will unclamp is by energizing the unclamp/release port.
• The unit clamps when air pressure actuates the piston and cam arms, which drives the wedges under the carriage, lifting the carriage and main shaft up (refer to the 3D function animated video above).
• Quadloc's™ clamping force comes from the wedges which use a mechanical advantage to create the clamping force.
• The cam arms lock the wedges at 4 points preventing it from backing out, which locks the shaft in position creating a strength of material condition. This is why the Quadloc™ clamp can attain such high holding forces (refer to the 3D function animated video above).
•The Quadloc™ clamp is a true mechanical locking device.
•Holding force for our 4422 and 4425 models will always be 500lbs regardless of clamping force.
• The holding forces are only limited by the clamps strength of materials.
• Quadloc™ clamps lock at any desired position on the 5.8mm stroke.
• The swing arm accessory, #22-11, has a flexible, 360° orientation.
• Quadloc™ clamps have an independent rotate which can be actuated in either clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation.
• The rotate is designed so that flow controls are not required. A minimum of 40 psi is required to operate the independent rack and pinion rotate.
The pressures and forces shown in the videos are for demonstration purposes only. The maximum pressures and forces are as stated in the website and product catalog.
Sign up to download CAD files and more.
Product Number 4422
Product Number 4425
#E11912 - Sensor Bracket
T-Slot Cylinder Sensors
#22-11 - Swing Arm
We are currently in the final stages of providing a higher power locking swing clamp, capable of greater holding forces than the original. The units will be available in the same sizes as our current 4422 and 4425 models. Like the original, it will maintain its clamping force even when disconnected from its pneumatic power source.